Did You Know?
- In the absence of Canadian law – abortion on demand is available during all nine months of pregnancy – this includes surgical and suction dilation and curettage, saline, prostaglandin and “other methods”, e.g. ;”partial birth”.
- 1 in 3 (37.4%) women undergoing abortion have already had one or more. (1)
- 300 abortions occur each day in Canada. (2)
- 20% of abortions are performed on girls between 10 and 19 years of age. (3)
- One abortion increases a woman’s risk of breast cancer, (4) depression and suicide. (5)
- An Ontario study of 41,039 women during the three month period after abortion revealed that hospital patients had a more than four times higher rate of hospitalizations for infections, a five times higher rate of “surgical events” and a nearly five times higher rate of hospitalization for psychiatric problems than the matching group of women who had not had abortions. (6)
- Many women who have abortions feel coerced or pressured to do so by their boyfriends. (7)
- Abortion was legalized over thirty years ago, before ultrasounds and medical advances introduced us to babies before they are born.
- 36.6%* of abortions (under 9 wks.) occur when an unborn child’s heart is beating, brain waves are detected and ultrasounds have shown them waving their arms and legs. A further;
- 49.5%* of abortions (9-12 wks.) occur when the child has fingerprints, urinates, squints, swallows, wrinkles its forehead, sleeps, wakes and exercises. And;
- 9.6%* of abortions (13-16 wks.) occur when the child also has fine hair, is 8″-10″ long and can hear. Finally;
- 4.4%* of abortions (16 wks to full-term) occur when the unborn child can also be startled by a sudden noise and could survive with proper care outside their mother’s womb.